1. Framework and Introduction
September 3, 2020
This course is designed to examine how Project Management plays an integral part of every company’s day to day operations. We explore the tools, skills & resources necessary to successfully plan & execute projects. Session 1 will introduce these concepts.
We will also introduce the current PMP certification exam with regard to its structure and begin preparations for the PMP exam. Continued exam prep will be shared throughout the course alongside core course content (as shared below).
2. Project Initiation & Planning Management
September 10, 2020
Review the lifecycle of a project, how a project is initiated, scoped and the role of a stakeholder
3. Project Planning Management; Exam Prep
September 17, 2020
Review the importance of keeping a project on time and on budget. How effective planning supports this. Exam Prep.
4. Project Planning Management
September 24, 2020
Overview of the project human resource management & development phase critical for success
5. Project Planning Management; Exam Prep
October 1, 2020
Continued review of the Human Resource Planning component. Exam Prep.
6. Project Planning Management
October 8, 2020
Detailed review of the Project Risk Management knowledge area.
7. Project Executive Management; Exam Prep
October 15, 2020
Overview of Quality Management phase, including Planning, Assurance and Control. Exam Prep.
8. Project Execution Management
October 22, 2020
Overview of Quality Management phase, including Planning, Assurance and Control.
9. Project Monitoring and Controlling
October 29, 2020
Review of the Project Procurement Phases in Planning, Executing and Monitoring/Controlling.
10. Project Monitoring and Controlling; Exam Prep
November 5, 2020
Review of the Project Procurement Phases in Planning, Executing and Monitoring/Controlling. Exam Prep
11. Closing Management
November 12, 2020
Review the steps necessary to close a project or phase.
12. PMP practice exam review and Course Wrap-up
November 19, 2020
Course participants will review the Practice Exam. Course wrap-up.