1. Introduction to Project Management Course and PMP Exam
September 5, 2019
This course is designed to examine how Project Management plays an integral part of every company’s day to day operations. We explore the tools, skills & resources necessary to successfully plan & execute projects. Session 1 will introduce these concepts.
We will also introduce the current PMP certification exam with regard to its structure and begin preparations for the PMP exam. Continued exam prep will be shared throughout the course alongside core course content (as shared below).
2. Project Initiation: Planning and Scope
September 12, 2019
Review the lifecycle of a project, how a project is initiated, scoped and the role of a stakeholder
3. Project Planning: Scope and Quality Management
September 19, 2019
Review the importance of keeping a project on time and on budget. How effective planning supports this. Exam Prep.
4. Project Planning: Project Human Resource and Communication Management
September 26, 2019
Overview of the project human resource management & development phase critical for success
5. Project Planning: Human Resources Continued
October 3, 2019
Continued review of the Human Resource Planning component. Exam Prep.
6. Project Planning: Project Risk Management
October 10, 2019
Detailed review of the Project Risk Management knowledge area.
7. Project Planning: Project Risk Management Continued
October 17, 2019
Continued review of Project Risk Management knowledge area. Exam Prep.
8. Project Execution: Project Quality Management
October 24, 2019
Overview of Quality Management phase, including Planning, Assurance and Control.
9. Project Procurement
November 7, 2019
Review of the Project Procurement Phases in Planning, Executing and Monitoring/Controlling. Exam Prep.
10. Project Closeout & PMP Exam Review
November 14, 2019
Review the steps necessary to close a project or phase.
11. PMP Review & Prep for Practice Exam
November 21, 2019
Continued review of the PMP Exam and prepare for the practice exam. Exam Prep.
November 28, 2019 No Class, Thanksgiving Break
Course participants will take an Online PMP Practice Exam.
12. PMP practice exam review and Course Wrap-up
December 5, 2019
Course participants will review the Practice Exam. Course wrap-up.