What is Strategic Thinking?
February 4, 2021
- Define, in your own words, what is strategic thinking
- Create a model to guide your use of strategic thinking in mounting an organizational strategy
Organizational competencies and their role in strategic thinking
February 11, 2021
- Identify organizational competencies
- Increase the ways organizational competencies add and create value
Macro trends and their impact on organizational strategy
February 18, 2021
- Identify sources of information about macro trends and their impact on organizational strategy
- Incorporate macro trends into strategic thinking
Resiliency and risk
February 25, 2021
- Risk management approaches and their relationship to strategic thinking
- Planning and resource allocation techniques for increasing resiliency and flexibility
Macro trends in healthcare
March 4, 2021
- Propose the major macro trends that impact the healthcare sector’s ability to provide affordable, accessible, and quality healthcare.
- Identify causes why the U.S. healthcare sector has relatively high costs and moderate outcomes compared to other national healthcare sectors (verify this assumption).
- Specify in your own words what are the challenges in healthcare access.
Values based healthcare
March 11, 2021
- Define the aspects of a value-based healthcare system (focus on providers).
- Define disruptive innovation and propose how it can contribute to improve cost, access, and quality outcomes.
An alternative view – disruptive innovation
March 18, 2021
- Case study review and break down
Technology in healthcare strategy
March 25, 2021
- Electronic health data; blockchains
- Decentralized diagnostic testing, imaging; wearable devices to transmit health information
- Artificial intelligence; data systems to aid diagnostic and therapeutic work
- Digital strategies – interoperability (common standards, specifications, agreements). Healthcare IT ecosystem